Our Millwright Services
Prairie Land Millwright designs each job based on the project’s requirements – and an eye to the future.
Our in-house engineering staff lays out your project using over 100 years of combined experience in the grain and millwright industry to determine your job’s need for conveyors, grain legs, bridges, towers, catwalks and platforms. We try hard not to box you in by always considering possible future expansions and leaving you a way to get there without abandoning the work you are doing now.
To make sure that the bridges, towers and platforms work with your equipment, we don’t buy someone else’s standard size structure and modify it to fit your job. We design our own towers, bridges and other structures from the ground up and then build them ourselves specifically for your project at our 30,000 square foot fabrication facility. And we always make sure that there is a platform available from which to service your equipment.
We also have a working relationship with a number of individuals and companies who specialize in the things that they do:
- Soil testing – We work with a local soil testing expert to determine the proper base required to support your grain bins
- Engineered foundations – A lot rests on a bin foundation. All of our bin foundations are designed for your bin on your lot
- Excavation – We have an excavation company we work with that has the knowledge, the experience, and the equipment to get the job done
- Concrete – There can be a lot of concrete in a grain facility. Our group of experienced concrete contractors makes sure it gets done in a timely and professional manner. And.. it looks good!
- Bin erection – Our Bin Erection contractors work with us before, during, and after erection to make sure your bin is done right!
- Cranes – We have a fleet of our own cranes – from 15 to 75 tons – with a reach up to 190′. We also work closely with a local crane service when additional stick, crane or certified services are required.
- Stamped Designs – If your zoning board requires engineered stamped drawings, we have certified engineers we work with to get you what you need.
- Galvanized Structures – We do our own in-house painting, but in recent years we have used a local company to galvanize our outdoor towers, structures and bridges for years of maintenance free use
When the Chaon brothers started the company their goal wasn’t to be the biggest, but to be the best. So, while we do sell other brands if requested or the need arises, we sell primarily the manufacturers equipment that we have found to be the most reliable and maintenance friendly.
Some of Our Primary Equipment Suppliers
Samplers, Truck Probes
Drag Conveyors, Bucket Elevators, Belt Conveyors, Dryers, Grain Bins
Screeners, Bulk Weighers